Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time to Tell a New Story...

Happy November! We are in the midst of a changing and exciting time. A time we get to vote...days away from casting a ballot that has never been more important if we are to move forward. A time we get to see the light change and allow the sacred dark in (if you remembered to change your clock.) A time we begin to focus on gratitude and thanksgiving. I know I have a lot to be grateful for even with all the swirling going on around me. I have the ability to create and share stories.

For those who held space during the sharing of my Move the Island story, many thanks. I never thought I would make it through telling that story, and yet I have learned more about where people come from, how we are all connected and related, how adoption has affected self-identity and roles, and how definitions of family are expanding.

So, here is my invitation to you. Tell your story with a new ending. We all know our old stories, but what new one is waiting to unfold? Where can you expand your identity, your place in the world, your voice, your story? This month, tell at least one person your new story and see what gift unfolds. I sent in my story to Oprah!

There is a new story awaiting us after November 4. What new story will you tell?

No comments: